BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Licenses to Drive

David and I went to get our Utah drivers licenses yesterday. I hate taking the written test. I am always afraid that I am going to fail. When I was 17 and took the written test I failed 3 times. The only reason why I passed the 4th time was because there were only 3 test so I memorize them all and that is how I passed the 4th time. When we moved to Minnesota I had just renew my Utah license and didn't want to pay the fee to change it especially because we didn't know how long we were going to be there. In Wisconsin all you have to do is give them your current license and they give you a new one. I dreaded coming back here because I new I was going to have to take the written test again in addition, everytime we go to get things switched over we forget some kind of paperwork and have to go back again. The lines here in Utah are crazy. We got up especially early to beat the crowds. I knew I was on top of thing. I just wanted to pass the darn test. Well the morning came and I couldn't find the title to the truck. We looked everywhere. I know that you don't need that to take the test but, we wanted to get the truck registered at the same time because my mother-in-law was watching Makenna. Anyways we got out of here late. Went to the first place and the line was out the door. I was not happy. Then we found another place we could go. The lines were not bad at all. I was worried that David wasn't going to have enough ID and guess what it was me instead. We had to drive all the way back home. I was not happy at all. We got back and luckily the lines were not bad at all. They gave us each a number and we waited and waited. They agreed to do our paperwork at the same time because I wanted to pay with one check. They did David's first. He almost did pass the vision test. Then it was my turn. The guy started the paperwork and then told me that I didn't have to take the test because I still had a valid Utah license. I could have kissed the guy. I was so excited. They took my picture and I was done. I had to sit and wait for David to be done. He was wondering what was going on the whole time. In addition, my license was cheaper than his. So I had to write another check because the guy gave me the wrong amount the first time. It was great. I worried for nothing. That is what I get for being a recreational worrier.

0 What'd ya think?: